Role of the Goulburn Valley Waste and Resource Recovery Group
The Goulburn Valley Waste and Resource Recovery Group (GVWRRG) is a Victorian State Government Statutory Body, established under the Environment Protection Act 1970 to facilitate and coordinate the delivery of waste management and resource recovery across the Goulburn Valley.
On 1 August 2014 our planning role was extended to cover the commercial and industrial (C&I) and construction and demolition (C&D) waste streams, in addition to municipal solid waste (MSW). As the C&I and C&D waste streams are new areas of management for GVWRRG, we are currently exploring how to best add value to the management of waste and resource recovery in these sectors.
Useful links and information:
Find out more about Victorian Government programs and legislation relating to the management of waste generated by commercial and industrial sectors.
Some other useful sites to help your organisation reduce waste and recycle include:
- Smarter Resources, Smarter Business Program:
- Discover more about the waste and resource recovery sector in Victoria and how businesses interact with the waste hierarchy commonly known as the three-Rs – reduce, reuse and recycle. See ‘A Taste of Waste – the essential guide’ (pdf 8.1MB):
- Planet Ark Business Recycling provides information and links to help your business can arrange for the re-use and recycling of 90 different materials. You can also register services provided by your company.
- ECO-Buy Limited is a not for profit organisation established to encourage the purchasing of environmentally preferable (green) products and services. ECO-Buy provides a range of membership packages, services and training for businesses.
- Grow Me The Money was developed as a partnership between the Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VECCI) and EPA. The program was designed to help small business become more sustainable, and save money on resource usage by following a 12 step program
Signage for business and the community
Sustainability Victoria is committed to making it easier for Victorians to minimise their waste. Sustainability Victoria has a signage library available to provide information to deliver simple and effective waste signage for your event, venue, school, workplace or public area. These are free to download.
- Signage library
- Signs for transfer stations and landfills
- Do The Right Thing Bin Signage. This signage can be used for waste and recycling bins. Businesses, councils and government departments are welcome to use the signs for free providing they are not changed without permission.